Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Breakfast at Chips in Rocky Hill

After church on Sunday we stopped by Chips on the Silas Deane in Rocky Hill. It is relatively new to the area and we have meant to try here before. I was pretty sure it would be crowded on a Sunday morning at 11:30 a.m and it was.

When we got there, they said it would be a half hour wait, since there were 8 of us, we weren't surprised. In actuality we only had to wait 10 minutes. They gave us a large booth with a small table for two attached.

The breakfast menu is quite extensive. You have lots of choices, some of the items remind me of IHOP including the special syrups that they have for the pancakes. They have the regular syrup, boysenberry, strawberry, pecan and apricot and  real maple syrup for an upcharge.

They have a bunch of pancake options, waffles, french toast and plenty of omelets. I ordered the potato pancakes which are served with applesauce and sour cream. They had a nice flavor of scallions and there were 4 huge ones. Al had the Western Plus omelet which added cheese to the usual Western omelet items.

John and Josh had the 2x2x2x2x which is two eggs, two bacon, two sausage and two pancakes. It was a huge meal. Kasey had Patriot pancakes which had blueberries strawberries and bananas. Brandon had an egg sandwich with homefries and he loved both of them. Chris got a little something from everyone else including two pancakes from me. Trust me, we had enough to share.

Our service was very good. I had my coffee refilled twice. We were very impressed. I can see us coming back here for breakfast often. I am almost afraid to tell people about this place, it is that good and I don't want to wait any longer than I did today. So by all means go here just don't come after church on Sunday. lol



No comments:

Post a Comment