Saturday, July 4, 2015

La Cage Aux Folles at The Goodspeed

When this show was first scheduled, I was not sure how this was going to play at a conservative venue like The Goodspeed. Within minutes it was quite obvious that the audience was loving the show and my worries were totally unfounded. 

In case you are not familiar with La Cage Aux Folles it deals with mature themes of homosexuality, domination and travestites. It also deals with love, marriage, family and intolerance. It seemed to be an extremely timely musical. The humor is mature and this might not be a show I would take young children to but there is nothing offensive.

I can't remember ever laughing as much at a show. If you got a kick out of the pool boy in Legally Blond, you will see his twin in this show, he was hysterically funny. At the same time, this is a love story and there are some very poignant moments. The singing was perhaps not the best I have ever heard but who cares!! The show is wonderful and I would happily go to see it again. The show has been extended so don't waste any time, give them a call and get your tickets now, you won't be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment