Monday, July 27, 2015

Sadler's Restaurant and Bakery Marlborough

Everyone has a go-to restaurant. One where you can always count on good food and good service. For us that is Sadler. We have been going here for years and I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal. Have I had things I didn't like, yes but that was a choice I made. When I want to have a meal I love, I know I can choose my old favorites.

On Thursday evening July 23, 2015 we went to Sadler's for an early dinner. I called ahead to see if we needed reservations and yes had we wanted to arrive later we would have but at 5:00 p.m. it wasn't necessary.

I decided to try a special soup the cold rhubarb and watermelon gazpacho. It was on the tart side and I tasted no watermelon but on a hot day it was refreshing. It was served with a dollop of either sour cream or creme fresh.

For my entree I had leg of lamb. I love lamb and they always have mint jelly here. It came with a nice selection of veggies (cauliflower, green beans, carrots zucchini and butternut squash) and mashed potatoes. The bread basket has the usual sunflower seed bread and raisin bread. 

Al had one of the specials, a pork cutlet with arugula and shaved Parmesan cheese on top, the veggies and mashed potatoes. Al asked for applesauce with his pork and received a small bowl.

Both portions were generous and as always perfectly cooked.

For dessert we shared a tapioca pudding. It is served cold with whipped cream. I had a cappuccino to finish up and went home feeling very satisfied. Service as always was flawless.

The only thing I haven't tried in a while is their Sunday brunch and I plan to do that really soon. For delicious, creative homemade style cooking, I highly recommend Sadler's .

2 comments:

  1. I'm keeping this as a Pin to save, Iz. Just in case I hobble down there and need a good meal! teehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love this place and we eat here at least once a month. If you are ever in the area, I will treat you to lunch!!

      Delete