Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Red Fox Restaurant Middletown

Red Fox Restaurant is located on Smith Street in the Westfield section of Middletown. It is in the building formerly housing Fong's Restaurant. Several people have recommended this restaurant to me so I went here with very high expectations. We had lunch this past Sunday and I would have to say my meal was just okay but Al really liked his. 

The lunch menu includes appetizers, salads, sandwiches and entrees. I was not sure what to expect and given the name, I didn't expect an Italian inspired menu. I ordered the Philly Steak Panini and Al ordered the Fettuccine Pasta. 

We did say yes to bread and it is served with butter and tapenade which was very good. The problem was the steak in my panini. It was not really shaved and some of the pieces were large and chewy. The flavor was good and the onions, peppers and mushrooms were well cooked plus the roll was a real hit with me but the steak, was in my opinion a loser and I would never order this again. I was tempted to take the steak off the roll and probably should have. 

Al enjoyed his fettuccine and would order it again. I tasted the chicken that was served with it and it was full of flavor. 

I did have a delicious cappuccino which to me was the saving grace. I forgot to tell them no cinnamon so that is what can be seen on the side of my saucer. Service was attentive and the restaurant has a great atmosphere. Would I come here again, sure I would but I would order something else. 

2 comments:

  1. I wish that I had a cappuccino right now. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim I love cappuccino and love it when a restaurant serves an authentic one.

      Delete