Thursday, April 20, 2017

Flynn's Grill South Glastonbury, CT

Flynn's Grill is tucked away behind Annie's Nails on Main Street in South Glastonbury. If you don't know that it is there, it is a little hard to find. We were thinking about cheeseburger grinders at Olympic Pizza but decided to see what Flynn's had for lunch. I am so glad that we did. 

You can have either lunch or breakfast here. The menu has a nice selection of eggs, pancakes, waffles, French toast, sandwiches, salads, wraps, and entrees. I was torn between a corned beef hash Benedict and shepherd's pie. I talked to the waitress and was assured the hash was made fresh every day from corned beef cooked in house. So I opted for the Benedict. Al had chicken marsala. 

I ordered a hot tea to drink and they have a nice selection of teas. My Benedict was perfect, the poached egg was cooked to runny perfection. It oozed over the hash and English muffin just the way it should be. The Hollandaise was excellent as well. 

Al's chicken Marsala was served over smashed potatoes with zucchini on the side. It was a very generous serving and gave a healthy sized leftover. The marsala sauce was very flavorful, of course, I took a taste. 

It was a very good experience and I highly recommend giving them a try, service was friendly and efficient and we never wanted for anything. The decor includes some nice photos of Ireland and overall the entire theme is Irish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment