Thursday, August 3, 2017

Playhouse on Park

If you are like us and enjoy a good show, I want to introduce you to our newest find, Playhouse on Park in West Hartford. This is a small, non-profit theater that offers live productions. We went there on Sunday, July 30, 2017, for their performance of The Complete Works of Shakespeare Abridged. If was just as funny and entertaining as I expected, maybe even more so. 

This is a small theater with four rows of seats on three sides of the theater. There is plenty of pitch to the seats so I was able to see easily over the heads of the people in front of me, we were in the back row. 

The quality of the performance was very professional and I was impressed. They do offer a season ticket and there are some excellent shows coming up. One that I particularly want to see is Anne Frank which will be here in October. In January they are offering Steel Magnolias and I have to say I am tempted to delay going to Florida in order to see it. 

They offer water and soft drinks and candy for sale. The rest rooms are very nice and parking on the street was free and easy. I highly recommend that you give Playhouse on Park a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment