Monday, November 27, 2017

Brunch at Angelico's Boathouse in East Hampton

* Update Brunch is no longer served May 2019. 

On Sunday's we often go out to breakfast or brunch and many times with our friends Cindy and Jeff. I called them on the way to church this morning to see if they were interested in going out. Getting an affirmative answer I contacted them on the way home from church. I originally planned to go to Max Amore in Glastonbury but we have never had brunch at Angelico's Boathouse so we agreed on this closer choice. 

It was very quiet when we arrived at 11 a.m. The dining room has a welcoming fire and it was cozy. Our waitress was very friendly and we felt welcome from the moment we walked in. They offer a Bloody Bar which sounded wonderful but since I can't have alcohol was not really worth it for me. 

We had a choice of breakfast or lunch. The breakfast menu has enough choices to satisfy us. I ordered the Eggs Benedict, Al had scrambled eggs, Cindy had eggs Benedict and Jeff had the French toast. I ordered the candied bacon but was told after our waitress checked with the kitchen that they didn't have any. I would have liked to know that before I ordered it. 

Coffee and juice were good and my cup was kept filled. The French toast arrived without the seasonal fruit compote and when questioned we were told it was out of season. Seriously, are bananas ever out of season? Is it only served when say strawberries are in season? I am not sure but certainly it was disappointing, however, they do serve local real maple syrup which is a nice touch. 
#angelico'sboathouse

The scrambled eggs were delicious, cooked soft. The homefries are good, nice and crispy. The Eggs Benedict were nothing special. Both of us had one perfectly cooked egg and one overcooked egg and the hollandaise was too thin and not enough taste. But the thick slice of ham was nicer than the usual Canadian bacon. 

Overall it was a good experience, nothing really exceptional but the atmosphere was nice and we had great service and the prices are reasonable. I would give it a solid 3.5 out of 5 and I will come back again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment