Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Sarah's on Main Portland, Conn.

I think everyone knows by now that I am a Foodie. I love good food. I don't need a heaping plate of food, I need food I want to eat until the last bite. I have found it at Sarah's on Main. 


Until today, I have only eaten breakfast here. Breakfast is really good, they make delicious crispy home fries from two different kinds of potatoes,fluffy scrambled eggs that can be had with a large variety of additions, omelettes cooked perfectly and lots more. 

My hash and bacon scrambler

We arrived after 11 a.m.and I had planned to have breakfast but when I heard the lunch specials, the Cajun fish sandwich with pineapple salsa called my name. It was served with a choice of french fries or coleslaw. I asked if I could have both so I got a smaller portion of each. 

The beautifully cooked cod was served on a brioche bun with lettuce and tomato in addition to the pineapple salsa. The coleslaw is really fresh tasting and the French fries are real, homemade  and fried twice. Even the pickle spear was special. The spice level was high, it cleared my sinuses but this is something that can be adjusted to personal taste. 

Al had a cheese omelette. He chose cheddar but there are several choices. Toast are really good too, he had the rye. 

I was very impressed with the quality of the food at Sarah's on Main. Everything is freshly made and the portion was generous but not overwhelming. I think I may just have found my new favorite local restaurant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment