Monday, December 21, 2015

PC Savior Portland CT

I have to admit, for me, Michael Lopez was indeed my savior. My Laptop suffered a catastrophic malfunction. It was a hardware issue,not a software issue and I was desperate for a fix. I brought it into the shop which is on Main Street in the old Coffee Pot building and was assured that it was fixable. 
Michael and his son Michael in the shop

My problem was that in order to see the screen I had to leave my cover at a 45 percent angle. If I opened the cover all the way, the screen went black. Apparently, this is not an uncommon issue with this model. I have had it before on one of my older laptops. 

Within a couple of days, the wire had been ordered and installed and I was back in business and I didn't have to mortgage my home either. The price of $90 seemed quite fair to me since hourly rates are $65. The laptop is only 3 years old and cost over $600 new so I felt was well worth the investment especially since it has Window 7 and also holds a ton of my photos. 

I was very pleased with the professionalism displayed and I would not hesitate to bring my other computers in for service here. It is always nice to know that there are local businesses you can trust. The business gets an A+ rating from the BBB. 

No comments:

Post a Comment