Friday, April 28, 2017

The Dublin Beef and Seafood Company East Hampton

Located on East Main Street in East Hampton, The Dublin has just doubled the space of their restaurant. They took over space next door and now have a spacious dining room in addition to the bar area. 

We have been eating here for a couple of years but had not been there since the new expansion. They have changed the way you enter the restaurant and we opted to dine in the new dining room. 

Given the name, the menu is more International than Irish but does have a corned beef sandwich and Shepherd's pie. Al and I actually ordered off the daily special menu, I got a Caprese and Al had an open faced roast beef sandwich. 

The Caprese was good, the balsamic was delicious and the tomatoes were good. For me, something was off on the texture of the mozzarella, it was firmer than normal. It is usually very soft and this was not like that. I am not sure what the issue was, it tasted right but just didn't give the same feeling in my mouth. I eat a lot of Caprese so I know exactly what to expect. 

Al had better luck, the roast beef was very good and the gravy was delicious. I ate on of the slices of bread if was served over and I loved the beefy taste. 

I was very impressed with the new space, it is a big improvement and makes it feel more like a restaurant and less like a bar. We will be back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment