Monday, May 21, 2018

Sliders Grill and Bar Middletown

It impossible when pulling into the parking lot of Sliders Grill and Bar on South  Main Street in Middletown not to feel a certain amount of sadness. The restaurant has taken over the building that housed Cypress Grill for so many years. For many locals, myself included, the Cypress holds so many memorials of family dinners, celebrations, and meetings that have taken place there. My goodbye party from the Middletown Press took place here and so did our yearly reunions and more recently my grandson Josh's Confirmation after party. 
Add caption

I wasn't sure what I would find as I walked in the door but I was very pleased to see that this was a very sympathetic conversion, many of the original features remain but the overall impression is new, clean and open. I was given a tour of the rooms and the kitchen and I was very impressed with how nice everything looks. The outside deck also is very welcoming. 
#slidersgrillmiddletown

But at the end of the day, it is all about the food. I do miss my Cypress favorites, egg salad sandwiches, and chili but I have to say, a couple of bites into my delicious sliders and I was forgetting what I missed and concentrating on what I was loving. The Martin's rolls make then extra special and I had them with onion straws. 

Our waitress was wonderful, friendly and efficient. We never wanted for anything. As we were leaving, I asked the manager about the old telephone booth that had always stood along the north wall, he laughed. The Carta's daughter has it in her garage he told me and somehow that seemed to be the perfect answer. 

I will be coming back to Sliders Grill and Bar, I can't wait to sample some of their delicious sounding chicken wing flavors. If you look at the first picture, you can see some of the flavors on the wall of the bar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment