Monday, June 22, 2015

Po's Rice and Spice East Hampton, Conn.

Po Chan Fong is not new to the dining scene in East Hampton but her new restaurant Po's Rice and Spice is in a league of its own. I am not even sure what to call it, Nouveau Asian Fusion perhaps comes as close as anything. What it isn't is the same old Asian food that you can get at a dozen other restaurants within 20 miles. 

Fresh roll with peanut sauce
On our first visit we had the Fresh Rolls with shrimp served with peanut sauce, it was love at first bite. The Peanut sauce is so good we all decided that it would be good on everything we eat, including ice cream. For my dinner I had the Pad Thai which is made with chicken and shrimp. It was delicious. My husband had the peppercorn steak and the others with us had the mango chicken and Mongolian beef and all of us were delighted. 
Mango Chicken
The last time we went was on my birthday, Al offered to take me anywhere I want and I chose Po's. I asked Po what I should have for my birthday and she suggested the Fried shrimp. For an appetizer I had the steamed veggie dumpling which they served to me with the peanut sauce because they know I love it. They were wonderful but she was so right, the shrimp were amazing. I chose to have them with green beans instead of broccoli. They also have glazed walnuts and of course rice. We all fell in love with the light garlic sauce which everyone ended up putting on their food. 
Fried shrimp

Al had a noodle bowl with beef which he liked very much and for him to say that is really something since Asian food is not his favorite. 
Noodles with beef
Po's Rice and Spice is located in the historic downtown area of East Hampton. The decor is light and modern and feels a lot like IKEA. It is casual and a great place to celebrate special events or just bring the family for a delicious lunch or dinner. 

This is one of my favorite local restaurants and I recommend it to anyone who will listen.



No comments:

Post a Comment