Monday, July 25, 2016

Rosy Tomorrows Danbury, Conn.

Last Thursday I met one of my friends for lunch in Danbury. Why Danbury you ask? Because we picked a place that each of us would have to drive about an hour to reach. I was in charge of choosing where we had lunch. I have never eaten in Danbury but a quick Google search brought Rosy Tomorrows to my attention. I liked to look of their menu which had lobster sliders among other things.  Got to love a place with lobster sliders right!!

They have been around since 1980 and that alone says something about them. You can't survive that long with bad food or service. 

You walk in through the back and a caboose. It is very charming. We actually parked across the street. Tables and umbrellas are set up in from of the building. 

We had a large booth since there were five of us. Our waitress was adorable. Young but knowledgeable about the menu. I ordered the "wally" wings and a side salad with their citrus cranberry dressing. Al had a French dip with mushrooms, caramelized onions and melted provolone cheese. It was served with curly fries. 

My friend ordered the sweet potatoes fries which looked really great. 

I love the wings, it was a generous portion and the sauce was addictive. That salad dressing was one I will try to duplicate it was light but full of flavor. Al loved his French dip.

I also had a cappuccino with my meal and then we shared a piece of key lime pie for dessert. It was very good key lime pie!!

I loved Rosy Tomorrows. I can see stopping here whenever we go down to the cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment