Monday, August 15, 2016

Bidwell Tavern Coventry

Can I say it, I love Bidwell Tavern. We go there pretty regularly, whenever I am hankering for wings. They have the best wings in tons of flavors and if you go for the gusto and order the large size, you get to choose three different flavors. I love the hickory horseradish and Al likes the mild Buffalo. Until recently, we have changed up the third choice. I now have a new favorite, the sweet chili which is a little sweet and a little spicy. 


We introduced the grandsons to this place years ago and now it is their go to place when it is a birthday meal or when they have done chores for us and we are paying them in food. 

Bidwell Tavern serves Hosner's soda and the boys love the rootbeer. Al ordered lemonade today and got a Hosner's pink lemonade which he liked very much. 

Usually, we start with onion rings which are served with a horseradish sauce but today we tried the nachos. The previous time we were here, the men at the next table got an order and they looked yummy. Guess what, they were yummy!!

We always order more wings than we can eat so that we can bring some home. They warm up beautifully and make a great second meal. 

You have three choices of dining here, the traditional dining room which wasn't open today, the bar, and out on the terrace. We opted for the bar and sat at one of the booths which is made with church pews. 

If wings aren't your thing, not to worry, they have lots of sandwiches, salads, apps, and meals. I did order the Reuben once and it was very good. I am, however, a creature of habit and when I come here, I want to eat wings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment