Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Higher Grounds East Haddam, Conn.

Kim Page has another success on her hands at the new location of her coffee shop in East Haddam. If the name Higher Grounds sounds familiar, it because it is familiar. For many years her shop was located at 70 Main Street in downtown East Hampton. 

About six months after it closed at that location they reopened here in East Haddam and things are going better than ever. Much of what we all loved about the former shop can be found here. Local art and talent are featured as well as great coffee and delicious baked goods. 

We stopped in after we visited the Nathan Hale School House and just managed to sneak in before the 2 p.m. closing. I was really craving a bagel and a cappuccino. While we were waiting,  Al tried some of the little apple muffins that had been rolled in cinnamon sugar, oh my, that is a delicious combination.   

With my everything bagel, I opted for the olive cream cheese. I am a believer!! Wow, I love it. Who would have thought of all those different olives in the cream cheese, it took my bagel to a whole other level. Al had a plain bagel with plain cream cheese but he was a happy camper. 

He took a sip of my cappuccino and agreed, it was a winner. I highly recommend Higher Grounds for breakfast or lunch and I can't wait to go back and have more olive cream cheese!!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This little mini muffins were so good and 50 cents each, rolled in cinnamon sugar!! oh baby, oh baby!!

      Delete