Monday, October 3, 2016

Lavender Pond Farm Killingworth, Conn

Chris and Denise Salafia have created something very special on their 25-acre former cattle farm. Thousands of lavender plants add a subtle perfume to the air and you can't help but be enchanted by the rows of plants with butterflies flitting about. It is a magical place with a pretty white gazebo and a giant chess board to draw you in. Welcome to Lavender Pond Farm. 

We visited on a warm September afternoon and I immediately was drawn into the the magic feeling. I had read posts recommending the farm on Facebook and I felt compelled to check it out myself. 

The first thing we actually saw was Chris working on his vintage 1947 Ford truck and it is a beauty. Al kept entertained talking to him while I wandered among the plants. With more than 8,000 plants, there is almost always some variety in bloom. In the fall, it is more likely to be the English varieties. 

The beds are designed to be walked through and it is certainly a pleasant way to spend some time strolling. They even offer yoga on Saturday mornings, check their website for details. 

The store sells all things lavender and I was happy to pick up a few things. I do love the outdoor sculpture which I may just have to come back for. 

If you are looking for some place to visit locally, Lavender Pond Farms certainly is charming and they even have some very cool looking chickens. Feel free to bring your children and leashed dogs are also welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment