Friday, October 21, 2016

Atticus Bookstore and Cafe New Haven

In 2003, Atticus Bookstore and Cafe left Middletown which was in my opinion a tragedy. The cafe had been a favorite spot of mine for the 25 years it was in Middletown. So when I realized that Atticus Cafe was across the street from the Yale Art Museum, I knew exactly where I was going to have lunch. 

One thing I need to say, the menu was familiar to me, not much has changed in twelve years. Wonderful pastries were on display and the sandwiches are served on bread to die for. They still have their signature black bean soup which was always a favorite. 


 It was amazing to get the little loaf of their bread with the butter that was served with Al's meal. That bread is worth the price of admission. 

 Al had the mac and cheese which is served with a side salad. It was truffle mac and cheese with panko bread crumbs on top. 
I got the Atticus Classic, black forest ham. gruyere and dijon mustard. It was delicious. I didn't remember how big it was, I added a side salad. 
In spite of the temptation to get some pastries to go, we didn't. I couldn't  finish my sandwich and Al took some of his mac and cheese home with us too. I did, however, get a large cappuccino to go and enjoyed it on the bus. 

It was very nostalgic to go to Atticus Cafe again and I was in no way disappointed with what we ate. I just wish they were not in New Haven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment