Monday, October 31, 2016

Illiano's South Main Street Middletown

Illiano's is a small Connecticut-based chain of Italian restaurants. They are known for their pizza, salads, and grinders but they also have delicious appetizers, soup, and entrees. If only they served cappuccino, in my eyes they would be near perfect. They do have a limited wine and beer menu. 

You can get pizza by the slice and they have lots of choices, we use them frequently for family get-togethers. The Grandma's is a particular favorite. 

The South Main Street location right down the street from the Middletown Senior Center where we exercise on Tuesday. Most weeks we have lunch there after class. You will get a small piece of pizza to sample when you come in. 

Sometimes we get two appetizers, our most recent choices are Caprese and bruschetta. The servings are generous enough that while we clean the plates, we don't need anything else. The last two weeks we have ordered the Caprese and a hot ham grinder. Again, it is plenty of food for the two if us. 

About once a month we order an entree. I love the make my own pasta, you pick the sauce and the pasta and then add up to three items from the free list. For an additional $3 you can add sausage, which I usually do. I love pink sauce. penne, sausage, spinach, and caramelized onions. The entrees come with a salad and bread. Al likes penne with meat sauce. 

I usually eat my salad and bread and a few bites of pasta and bring the rest home. I get at least two more meals from this. 

Is this the best Italian food you will ever eat? Probably not but the food is consistently good and service is usually quite attentive. Now as I said, if they only had cappuccino......

No comments:

Post a Comment