Thursday, April 18, 2019

Restaurant review: Mondo Middletown, CT

Located at the south end of historic Main Street in Middletown, Mondo is a popular place to grab a bite of lunch, enjoy happy hour or come for date night. We dined there for lunch with a group of friends on a Friday in April and were very impressed.



First, they off a lunch combo menu which offers some really great choices. You pick one from section A which includes at least 5 half salads or a half serving of several appetizers. You then choose one from section B, either half a panini with lots of excellent choices or two slices of pizza also with lots of good choices. I need to point out that the pizza slices are huge. All this for $8.95!! A massive bargain.



I ordered half an arugula salad which was so delicious with a lemon vinaigrette and two pieces of fresh mozzarella pizza. Al had half a fried mozzarella appetizer and 2 slices of veggie pizza. I also ordered the fried dough from the kids' menu. With a Coke for Al and water for me, the bill was $28. We each brought home a piece of pizza and we shared our fried dough with almost everyone at the table.



All the salads looked so good. I know I am going to have to come back to try more. If you haven't tried Mondo in Middletown, I suggest you stay away because it was already crowded today and if you all come, there won't be a seat for me. Oh, by the way, they have a full bar and $3 draft happy hour prices.


Parking is available behind the building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment