Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Restaurant review: Tap House 150 Cromwell, CT

If you don't know where Tap House 150  is, you might never find it. It is off of route 372 near I-91. It is on Sebeth Drive. In spite of that, it was literally mobbed when we arrived there at 5 p.m. on a Sunday. 

You can dine at the bar, there are also several places inside the building and out to eat. We ended up right next to the bar on a hightop table. It was very noisy, everyone was having a good time and that makes a certain amount of din. We think next time if we want to talk, we will dine outside. 

The menu is really interesting. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect but there are lots of pizza, lots of tacos, sandwiches, appetizers and entres. 

I started with a seltzer with lime and opted for 2 tacos, fish and shrimp and an order of their hand-cut French fries. Irene had a chicken pesto sandwich with mushrooms. 


My tacos came served on a board with the French fries in a cone in between them. If I have any complaint it was that they were overstuffed, it made it very messy to eat but the fillings were delicious. The shrimp had a cucumber salsa and avocado crema and the fish taco had pineapple. The French fries were perfect, I loved them. 

Irene enjoyed her sandwich and it came served with chips. 

I ordered meatball sliders to take home for Al and he enjoyed them. 

I feel like this could become one of my favorite restaurants. The menu has enough choices to keep me entertained and well-fed for quite some time. 

And best of all, they are open on Sunday when it seems so many restaurants are closed. I think you should visit Tap House 150 and give them a try. 


No comments:

Post a Comment