Wednesday, July 3, 2019

The Sleepy Rooster Cafe Cobalt

I have to say that when I saw the sign that a new restaurant was opening in Cobalt I was intrigued. We finally stopped in a couple of weeks ago and I have to say, I was blown away. I had no idea what to expect but nothing could have prepared me for what we got!! Sleepy Rooster indeed!!

What they specialize in waffleswiches. I love chicken and waffles but this is a different twist altogether. Try to picture a chicken and waffle sandwich. Is it easy to eat? No, it is awkward but it is so delicious that you will say who cares. 

For Al I had his served on a hard roll, I didn't think he would be able to handle the waffle. I am hard pressed to tell you which is better, the chicken or the waffle. Both of them are amazing and imagine that a fried egg and cheddar cheese are added. It was over the top decadence. 


The inside is tiny but we had room to sit at a table along the wall with tall chairs. I had a coffee and Al got orange juice. 

This is a very friendly place and besides the wafflewiches, there are a whole lot of other ways you can go, I was a little stunned when I first saw the menu, I just was unprepared. 

Go to their website and check out the menu before you go and this way you can make an informed choice. Not that I regretted mine at all, it was one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten!!

Oh, wait did I forget to mention their special sauce!! Oh my word, it really is special in all the best ways, yum, yum and yum. 

If you want to give your taste buds a real treat, stop by and give The Sleepy Rooster Cafe a try, you will be glad that you did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment