Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Carmela's on the Extension Middletown

One of my friends mention this restaurant to me last week and on Friday after Al's blood test we were in the area so decided to stop in. 

They have a good sized parking lot on the side of the building. Not surprising since at one time this was the Amazing Grace Food Pantry as well as the former Lamplighter Restaurant. Still I was surprised at how spacious the inside was. The building looks so small from the road. 

We seated ourselves and in just a few minutes were greeted and had our menus. They do have a lot to choose from. If pancakes are your thing, they have more choices than I have ever seen except at International House of Pancakes. 

They also have French toast, scrambles, omelets, eggs and more. I thought that the offerings were extensive and the cantaloupe with yogurt sounded great. We opted for egg sandwiches and homefries. 

Was I blown away?  No, it was fine, two eggs, bacon and melted American cheese. The hard roll was fresh and the home fries were well cooked. Coffee is from Baronet and we did get a refill. What I thought was adorable was the orange juice served in a mini milk bottle.

If was a good experience, our waitress was friendly and the restaurant is attractive and clean. Certainly if pancakes are your thing, they have what you want. What I found disappointing is they do not offer the option to pay for real maple syrup. I won't be getting anything but eggs there until that changes unless I bring in my own syrup. 


No comments:

Post a Comment