Monday, May 23, 2016

In search of a perfect lobster roll

I have eaten three lobster rolls in the last week. I love lobster rolls and am always on the lookout for that perfect one. I prefer a hot lobster roll but I may just have to reconsider after having eaten a delicious cold one. 

One Monday we stopped at The Tavern on 66 in East Hampton. One of the offerings on their summer menu is a hot lobster roll. It is served with coleslaw. I love their homemade French fries so I was willing to add the $3.95 to the already slightly pricey $18 price. It was delicious. If I have a complaint it might be that I would like a little more butter but it was delicious. 

On Thursday we were looking for lunch and after a stop at The Dublin Pub, where they had no electricity and therefore no food, we headed to Loco Parro. Normally Mexican is not our first choice but we were looking for something different. What we got was different but in a very delicious way. 

Imagine my surprise when I saw lobster tacos on the board in the bar. Our waitress assured me that they were delicious, how could I resist? What I didn't do was ask if they were hot. It is probably a good thing I didn't, if I knew they were cold I probably wouldn't have ordered them and that would have been a mistake. 

The order is two tacos, a crispy one inside of a soft one. It is served with fries and coleslaw. Oh my, it  was an amazing feast. The tacos are so amazing, the lobster has a minimal amount of mayonnaise and were just so tasty. My only complaint would be the coleslaw, it was very wet and not really tasty. 
On Saturday Kasey and I went to Cypress Grill and low and behold what did we find on the menu but a hot buttered lobster rolls. 

Of course we needed to try them out. Usually we have chili or grilled cheese but we are still craving lobster so we ordered lobster rolls. 

The roll was nicely grilled, the French fries were good and I do like their coleslaw a lot. It was a very good lobster roll. 


 So after a week's time and three lobster rolls have I found the perfect one?  I would have to say that all three of them were very good and provided a satisfactory dining experience. I would certainly not hesitate to eat any of them again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment